Vienna School Number 6, or the Tyrrell Hill School, was a joint sub-district school serving children of Vienna and Fowler Townships. In the nineteenth century the school building was located on King-Groves (now King-Graves) Road. In 1890, the structure, badly in need or repair, was auctioned and removed and a new one erected. Highest bidder Elias Stewart bought the old schoolhouse for $47.75 and moved it to his home one mile west of Tyrrell Hill, on the south side of the road in Vienna Township. There the building was attached to his house. The house was later remodeled.
The new Number 6 school building at Tyrrell Hill was used until the new centralized school was built north of Fowler Center in 1907. The old one-room building was removed about one-and-a-quarter mile east to Williams Corners on the Brookfield side, where it still serves as a dwelling.
This article is based on Fred L. Martin and Genie Ulp, "Vienna Township Schools, Then and Now," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2, of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), p. 165.