Vienna School Number 10, or the Holliday School, was located on Sodom-Hutchins (now Sodom-Hutchings) Road, south of Woodford's Corners where Smith Stewart and Sodom-Hutchins (now Sodom-Hutchings) roads meet. The school was a joint sub-district school serving children in Liberty and Vienna Townships.
Vienna businessman Job J. Holliday owned a coal mine on the west side of Sodom-Hutchins Road and the school building stood on the east side of the road opposite the Holliday Mine.
Teachers and Administrators
In 1909 the school's director was Howard Bartholomew and the teacher was Grace Vinton.
This article is adapted from Fred L. Martin and Genie Ulp, "Vienna Township Schools, Then and Now," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2, of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), p. 166.