Vienna Township Cemetery is located adjacent to the Township Green. The cemetery is accessible by through the Green via drives to the left (west) of Vienna Methodist Church and between the Methodist Church and Copper Penny Masonic Lodge and by a drive located behind the Vienna Township Volunteer Fire Department on Youngstown-Kingsville Road.
The original lot of land of two acres was deeded by Township proprietors Uriel Holmes, Jr., and Ephraim Root to the Vienna Presbyterian Church in 1810, the same year the deed for the Township Green was filed in the Trumbull County Recorder's Office.
The first burial in the cemetery had occurred in 1805, when Abiel Bartholomew died from injuries incurred from felling a tree.
This historic cemetery is maintained by Vienna Township. No new burials are permitted in the "Old Section" (southern section) of the cemetery.
The other Township-maintained cemeteries are Doud Cemetery and Dunlap Cemetery.
In 2009 the Vienna Historical Society established a Township Cemeteries preservation project. Information about this project is available at the Vienna Historical Society's website.
This entry is adapted from Carley Cooper O'Neill, "Township Cemeteries," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2 of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), p. 125.