The Fish and Game Club of Vienna was originated in the late 1940s by charter members Aubrey Hayes, Cy Felice, Paul Shoff, Charlie Foust, Sam Scott, Clarence Boyd, Paul Smith, and Burt Boyd. The meetings were held in a barber shop until 1951 when property was purchased across from the Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport. The 52.5 acres were purchased from Joseph and Estelle Brown.
This article is based on Jack Brown, "Fish and Game Club of Vienna," in Vienna, Ohio, Where We Live and Let Live: Town 4, Range 2 of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), pp. 203-204.