. Its owner and a fine marksman in his own right, Nathan Bailey Derrow Tyler, moved the business to Warren in 1867.The advertisement pictured at the right appeared in the Western Reserve Chronicle, on December 7, 1864.
The gun works was located on the southwest corner of Vienna Center. In this building Tyler had earlier operated a hotel. He also served for a time as Vienna's postmaster.
This article is adapted from Fred L. Martin and James Bradley, "A Genealogical History of Vienna," in Vienna, Ohio, Where We Live and Let Live: Town 4, Range 2 of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), pp. 72-73. Additional research by Shirley T. Wajda, March 2012.
 Nathan Bailey Derrow Tyler, born July 14, 1828, in Vienna Township, was the son of Abel Tyler and Sylvia Lewis. It is likely he was named for Reverend Nathan Bailey Derrow, minister of Vienna Presbyterian Church, who died in 1828.
N. B. Tyler, as he preferred, married Mary Elizabeth Williams on February 10, 1848, in Vienna. Tyler died on April 22, 1915. Tyler's gunsmith shop in Warren was burglarized a week after opening. See "Burglary," Western Reserve Chronicle, May 8, 1867, p. 3.