Medley's Restaurant was opened in 1920 in the Medley family home east of Vienna Center on the northside of Warren-Sharon Road.The advertisement pictured at the right appeared in the 1932 Vienna Home Day program.
Thad M. Medley retired from farming to open the restaurant. He, his wife Flora Pauline Bartholomew, and their children lived on the second floor above the restaurant. Medley eventually turned the business over to his son Francis, who ran the business for fifteen years. The restaurant was sold to partners James Walls and Alfred Smith, who then changed the business to a nightclub called Trail's End.
This article is adapted from Fred L. Martin and James Bradley, "A Genealogical History of Vienna," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2, of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), p. 65.
 Thad M. Medley was born in Trumbull County on November 12, 1876, and died on September 4, 1950, in Youngstown, Ohio. He married Flora Pauline Bartholomew on June 26, 1901.