The Landis Barber Shop, owned and operated by Ray A. Landis, was located west of Vienna Center on Warren-Sharon Road. Landis also operated there a used car agency.
Landis began barbering in the late 1920s or early 1930 in his parents' home at Hubbard. He also cut hair at his customers' homes. Later he set up shop in Vienna, at the home of his wife Donna Buckley's grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Crouser.
Ray A. Landis was born in Hubbard Township, Trumbull County, Ohio, in 1908, and died June 17, 1977.
This entry is adapted from Fred L. Martin and James Bradley, "A Genealogical History of Vienna," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2 of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), pp. 71-72.