The Hayes Barber Shop was operated by Aubrey C. Hayes from 1922 to 1969.
The shop's building originally stood in the north side of Warren-Sharon Road, just east of Vienna Center crossroads. The shop boasted a poolroom in the back and and at one time had a beauty parlor. The Hayes family had their living quarters on the second floor.
This building was sold [date unknown] and Hayes, with his son, Kenneth Hayes, Sr., opened a barber shop in a building just north of Vienna Center on the east side of Youngstown-Kingsville Road. (The building now houses  the law office of John P. Lutseck.)
Aubrey C. Hayes served as a Vienna Township Trustee for 25 years and also helped to organize the Vienna Township Volunteer Fire Department.
This article is adapted from Fred L. Martin and James Bradley, "A Genealogical History of Vienna," in Vienna, Ohio, "Where We Live and Let Live": Town 4, Range 2 of the Connecticut Western Reserve (Apollo, PA: Closson Press, 1999), p. 71.
 Aubrey C. Hayes, a son of Watson Hayes and Laura Williams, was born January 8, 1903, and died April 26, 1989. He married Helen Wagner on August 27, 1924. She died in September 1996.